* AE111 and AE112 courses for students who passed BUEPT (Boğaziçi University English Proficiency Exam) with C grade. If a student passed the exam with A or B grades, AE221 and AE222 courses should be taken. BUEPT grade intervals have been updated. Based on the latest update, previous "C" grade has been divided into "C" and "C+" grades. The latest grade intervals can be found in the announcements on YADYOK website. Based on the new grade intervals, students who have passed the proficiency exam with C (not C+) are now required to take AE 101 instead of AE 111 if AE 111 is a required course in their departmental program.
** HSS (Humanities Social Sciences) Elective:
The list of the Humanity and Social Sciences (HSS) elective courses has been finalized by the HSS Commission, which you can find on the following page:
It is important to consider the departmental decisions below for HSS courses while choosing courses.
1. The list includes departmental compulsory courses such as PSY101, SOC101. Since these courses are compulsory courses of the program, they cannot be counted as HSS.
2. ED coded courses in the list are counted as departmental electives in the program. Therefore, they cannot be counted as HSS.
3. Within the scope of HSS courses, a course with FA code can only be taken once.
*** Unrestrictive Elective:
- All courses in the university can be taken.
Note: Courses with PE and PA code can be taken as an one of the unrestrictive electives. Since the course credits are lower than 3, the courses have to be taken through completing 3 credits. Possible cases are below:
- 1 PE course with 1 credit and 1 PA course with 2 credits.
- 2 PA courses with 2 credits
Notice 1: Three PE courses with 1 credit do not count as an unrestrictive elective.
Notice 2: All unrestricted electives can not be a combination of PA and PE courses. Students must take different courses rather than PA and PE to fulfill their unrestricted electives.
**** Departmental Elective:
- The courses with PRED,ED,SCED, CET codes can be taken.
***** PRED 413 Early Childhood Education Teaching Practices I Internship Criteria
- To have successfully completed the 1st and 2nd year department courses
- To have successfully completed at least 80 percent of the 3rd year department courses (7 out of 9 courses)
- Corequisite: PRED416
- To have successfully completed the PRED413 course